3 Sure-Fire Ways to Become More Self-Aware
Are you looking for more effective ways to improve and increase your self-awareness? Align To Enlighten is here to help you. We are accomplished life coaches in Memphis, TN and it is one of our goals to help you achieve a healthy sense of self.
- Self-reflect on a daily basis
In the midst of your busy daily schedule, find time for self-reflection. Find a quiet spot where you can be alone. Take an honest look at yourself. Examine your thoughts and actions throughout the day. Are you happy with the things you’ve done and said? Did you do anything that you wish you could improve? Do you wish you could have done more? By honestly examining yourself, your thoughts, and your actions, you can gain a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses, and make improvements as necessary.
- Look at yourself objectively.
Truly examining oneself is easier said than done. In fact, some people prefer not to look at themselves too closely. However, if you are intent on achieving a healthy sense of self, it is vital for you to look at yourself objectively. Once you gain a better understanding of yourself, you can learn to accept yourself and find ways to improve.
Here are some things that can help you get started:
- Identify your current understanding of yourself (i.e. things that you are good at or things you need to improve).
- Think about things that you are most proud of and things that you wish you could improve.
- Think back on your childhood and what made you truly happy back then. Has it remained the same or did it change? What are the reasons for these changes?
- What are your goals and dreams?
- What are you doing that’s hindering your success?
- Take personality and psychometric tests.
Taking personality and psychometric tests can help you better understand what traits you have. Some popular tests aimed at increasing self-awareness include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Big-Five Personality Test, NEO PI-R (Neo Personality Inventory, Revised), and 16 PF (Sixteen Personality Factor). Not a fan of taking tests? Don’t worry! There are no right or wrong answers; instead, they encourage respondents to truly reflect and think about themselves and their characteristics.
Looking for more tips for personal growth and spiritual empowerment in Memphis, TN? Our life coaches are here to help you!